Thursday 23 May 2019

Tangkou Doll Nostalgia

Got my Tangkou dolls out the other night to look at them, they had been lingering in a box on top of the tall bookcase. I have Jenny Wonderpants (Chinese Girl), Minty Seadevil (The Gap Year), Lily Pancakes (France) and Flea (Aussie). I am not that keen on their bodies but they can be fun to dress and pose and they have interesting faces. 
What to do with them? Most of their clothes are from before I could sew very well and before I could make patterns, so their wardrobe could do with an update. I put Jenny Wonderpant’s hair in bunches because it’s no longer in  the stock style and there’s a LOT of it and it tangles easily. They could do with some more shoes, which I might do something about next time I have spare money. 
I did think about attempting to draw on their faces a bit, but they all look lovely to me as they are. Even the one with terrible eyeliner that I did with human eyeliner which I understand is A Bad Idea generally. 
They seem to have gone out of business a while back, the website’s been gone for ages but you can still get the dolls and clothes on ebay from either the original company or someone who bought old stock from them. They just never really caught on as a (much) cheaper competitor to Pullip and Blythe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment