Tuesday 12 November 2019

Doctor Who Dolls Mainly


DollyDaily has moved, which is about the only doll forum I frequent. Pictures of cool dolls! Omg!

Anyway, one of my recent doll purchases was a Thirteenth Doctor Who doll from B&M.



She is currently on sale for £5, down from the £20 I paid so you'd be getting a bargain there. B&M seem to have almost all the Dr Who toys these days, they're doing action figure sets as well. Anyway the doll is about 1/6th scale and comes with her sonic screwdriver. I am not generally a fan of plastic hair on a doll but I am not sure how well proper hair would have worked given how short and specific Whittaker's haircut is on the show.

My other Doctor Who doll is this one:


She is *not* the official Mattel Dr Who Barbie, she is a custom homemade version because the Mattel one was too expensive for me. She's a blonde Made-to-Move with a haircut (OBVIOUSLY the Doctor needs full movement in her limbs so she can defeat monsters) and some clothes I sewed for her. I used an Etsy-bought pattern for the t-shirt and used fabric paint for the iconic rainbow, but I had to make the trousers pattern myself and let me tell you that was a journey. I think it took three attempts to get to the final ones in the picture. The boots are from Cool Cat Collection and the colour is slightly off but I think they convey the general idea. The slightly shoddy braces are made from grosgrain ribbon and some hooks and eyes.

I finished her last year but she still doesn't have a coat because the idea of making a lined hooded coat is quite intimidating. I might just nick the B&M one's coat for her.


And here's the River and Missy Funko Pops. They are  the only Funko Pops I have. One was a present from a friend and the Missy one I got out of fangirl.


No comments:

Post a Comment