Friday 20 June 2014






A "Chinese girl" Tangkou is en route to me! I got her on ebay and she should be here some time next week (I didn't want to pay for fastest postage). I hope she is excellent. She is going to be Big Sister to the Dals and Byuls, who now that I think of it are probably not all related to each other but whatever.

The thing is that Pullip herself has never appealed to me much, striking me as a bit blandly pretty when compared to a Dal or a Byul with their, um, "unique" expressions. I was wanting a new doll though, so some "research" (read: browsing doll-related blogs) later I decided that a Tangkou was what I needed most in the whole world. She looks slightly ridiculous and a bit strange, so hopefully she is as weird in person and goes with her doll-siblings reasonably well.

I *think* she is a wee bit taller than a Pullip, which might mean she will sort-of fit Barbie clothes? If so I have a ton of those lying about so no problem. Presumably I'll have something around the house that will fit her anyway.

I also went a bit mad and got some extra "diorama things" for the shelves that house the Pullip-Except-Not Gang. Did I need a second IKEA Huset? Well, I reckon so, because I love them things and they are pretty good value even at ebay prices, once you work out how much a doll-sized chair etc would cost on their own. (Pro-Tip: buy those "novelty mobile phone holders" that come in chair shapes, because they're about the right size and WAY cheaper than Actual Doll Furniture.) And I got a few other things that seemed about the right size based on my measuring tape and some guesswork.


Above is my original Huset and The Bitchin' Ride which is a purple Bratz car that you can plug an mp3 player into for "in-car radio." Nothing - nothing - will ever top the Bitchin' Ride for doll-related awesomeness. It was £14.99 from Toys'R'Us in Gateshead and it was worth every penny of that sale price. In the picture it is being driven by Laverne (Dal Lipoca) with Honey Swamp as her passenger. Yes, I may have some Monster High dolls. No, I am not addicted to them shut up.


No comments:

Post a Comment