Monday 16 June 2014

Bratzillaz Jade J'Adore Back to Magic




Welp, I may as well start here.

This morning's semi-unexpected arrival was Bratzillaz Jade J'Adore. These dolls seem to be going for cheap lately, and I knew already that Bratzillaz clothes will fit a Dal/Byul doll body. I don't love Bratzillas, but I do love my Dals (and even the Byuls) so I parted with some cashmoneys to get this doll pretty much just for her clothes. It's a nice little outfit, it looks lovely on Spite.



The furry red handbag is a bit odd but obviously Spite has sufficient evil class that she can carry it off. The socks go almost all the way up but whatever they can pretend they are tights.

Anyway, now I have a Bratzilla. I am not that impressed, tbh. Her hair is weird and plasticy (well yes) and one of her legs appears to be defective in that it won't move very far in any direction. Plus she has these creepy red eyes with loveheart pupils. I don't know why someone thought those would be a good idea, I really don't. If her head was less sinister I might be looking for a possible body donor for her, but no.

I confess I don't entirely understand the Bratzillaz. I mean what are they for? Are they really just an attempt to cash in Monster High and Harry Bloody Potter? Apparently kids these days love witches with SCARY RED LOVEHEART EYES oh I don't know. But since the stuff is going cheap maybe they're on the way out, I should investigate. Maybe I just got a dud one, but I can't quite imagine these dolls inspiring many people to catch 'em all, Pokemon-stylee. They have the points of articulation but the lower legs and hands are rubbery (like the old Barbie legs, remember those?) plus have I mention the creepy red eyes yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment