Monday 23 June 2014

Tangkou Chinese Girl "Review"



Meet Jenny Wonderpants, my new and first Tangkou doll, though I suspect she will not be the last. Behold her wild untameable hair, her staring eyes, her lovely stock dress!


Here she is in close-up, staring right into your soul! I adore her slightly odd face-up and the massiveness of her head and hair.





She fits most Barbie clothes pretty well, though her feet are too big for Barbie's dinky shoes. They do seem to go into Moxie Teenz shoes, but here she is pictured in Mystery Shoes from Ebay that my Dals usually wear.

She stands slightly taller than a  Pullip (so the internet shows me) at 12 and a half inches / 32 centimetres. Her torso is slightly smaller than a (bellybutton/Fashionista) Barbie's, so strappy tops for B will fall off her a bit. She is a good height for the grown-up/young adult sister of Dals and Byuls. Her eyes flip between four colours (two looking ahead, one colour looking to the left, one to the right) and she can close her eyelids which have amazing-if-strange patterns on them. Brushing her hair pulls some out so I stopped brushing and decided to love her as a wild-haired weirdo. Her head and hair are a lot heavier than the rest of her, so she needs to use her stand to stay upright or she will have to lean against something. She is however weightier and sturdier than I anticipated, as I had been thinking along the lines of a Dal's fragile little body. Not so! Sure her arms and feet pop out on occasion, but they go right back in no problem.

Jenny Wonderpants doesn't look especially Chinese to me other than her stock outfit, but then to me she looks about 1/4th alien so maybe I am not the best judge of what she is intended to be as a person.


She came in a lovely box (not pictured, hah!), not too irritiatingly attached to the inside, and she was accompanied by her outfit (dress and shoes), a handbag with a string of pearls in, an instruction "passport," an authenticity card,  a headband (?), a slightly rubbish brush and comb, a stand, and a pair of white knickers. (I assume those didn't fit nicely under the dress hence the separate inclusion.)

I love Jenny Wonderpants! She is a welcome addition to my "Pullip-Related Gang." I have always found actual Pullip herself a  bit bland and samey so this weirder-looking and cheaper alternative appeals to me vastly. She is going to be a "big sister" for the Dals and Byuls to look up to and resent.


No comments:

Post a Comment